- This event has passed.
We Need It Now vs. 40 Years from Now
July 19, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm EDTFree
Generational thinking does not come naturally to most of us. By “generational thinking,” we mean intentionally planning and being cognizant of our own actions, preparation, and decisions that will affect our family, community, and world 40 years from now.
In the work of disciple-making, slow is the new fast. In fact, movement happens when multiple strands of disciple-makers are doing the slow work while reproducing that slow work in others. It gives the appearance of speed, but appearances can be deceiving. In this webinar, we will explore the speed of leadership in the new wineskin.
THIS MINISERIES: MICROCHURCHES AND THE NEW WINESKIN OF LEADERSHIP
We are reimagining the Church as a decentralized network of multiplying missionaries and microchurches that fill a city or region with the fullness of Jesus. For most of us, that requires a shift from the centralized form of leadership that we’ve been using to a decentralized one.
- Churches look and feel like a pyramid. Hierarchies are built for control. Top-down leadership ultimately communicates, “We can do it; you can help.”
- Power is collected, especially for the organization and a few at the top.
- A few lead, and everyone else follows.
- Authority and ownership are extended out to the edges, and those circles are reproduced.
- Power is treated as a currency that is available to everyone. The goal is for everyone and every expression of the church to reach their maximum influence.
- Everyone leads, and everyone follows.
This decentralized form of the Church requires a new wineskin: a culture of decentralized, polycentric leadership with flat structures. In this miniseries, we will dig into the source, structure, scorecard, speed, and skill of leadership in this new wineskin.