Exponential Orlando 2019 was immersed with energy as 5600 church multiplication leaders gathered from all 50 states and 20+ nations.
We are recapping some of the highlights from the world’s largest church multiplication gathering from March 2019 in Orlando, FL. Click here to read the recap from Sessions 3 and 4. You can also find out how you can be engaged in this critical conversation for your own leadership and multiplication below.
The tangible presence of God was evident. We are still rejoicing over the momentum and blessing from the Lord. Then, with a sold out conference thousands more joined live for the free Webcast. Whether you were in the room, online, or couldn’t join us this time around, we invite you to celebrate the many highlights from Exponential Orlando “Made for More: Mobilizing God’s People, God’s Way.”
In our Opening Session, the auditorium was standing room only and the Exponential Band led a powerful time of worship. We had a potent group of communicators with Dave Ferguson, Francis Chan and Albert Tate unpacking the truth that ONLY Jesus can fill everything in every way. Christ is the “More” we talked about all throughout the week.
The three venerable voices—longtime veterans of Exponential—challenged us to “illuminate this mystery,” reminding us: “The amazing reality is that the people of God were Made for ‘More.’”
An important moment in Session 1 was the announcement of the key findings from the Becoming Five Multiplication Study by Exponential and LifeWay Research. The study’s purpose is to gauge the progress we are making on our 4-to-10 mission, seeing the number of churches reproducing and multiplying move from less than 4% to 10% and beyond. In the packed room and with vibrant energy, Dave Ferguson announced:
“In 2015, after some study and research, we found only 4% of churches across the U.S. are reproducing. So, we began our 4-to-10 mission to see the number of churches reproducing and multiplying increase. Every percentage point of increase of churches reproducing and multiplying is an increase of 3000-3500 churches making disciples and starting new churches. LifeWay Research has found that…
…we are moving the needle, 7% of churches across the U.S. are reproducing. -Dave Ferguson
More key quotes from Session 1 include:
- “I want to be a manifestation of the Spirit’s power for the common good. SO I have to die to myself. That is what we saw on the cross of Jesus…If we are ok in the wave pool, we are never going to see the excitement of a wave of God.” -Francis Chan
- “We have gotten great at building big churches and have forgotten about having great impact…Stop building churches that look like you and start building churches that look like Jesus.” -Albert Tate
Then in session 2, Øystein Gjerme, Rob Wegner, and Ed Stetzer talked about what it means to be Made to Be More—and our role as leaders to help disciples understand that they are masterpieces handcrafted by God to express the fullness of Jesus where they live, work and play. We have to help God’s people—those He has entrusted to us—investigate their unique identity in Christ.
Here’s a taste of the powerful moments from session 2:
- “We need all hands on deck for God’s mission…We have to find ways to unleash, to mobilize those who are made for more…I am tired of hoping for a movement, I am ready to put a stake in the ground and say let’s do it together.” -Ed Stetzer
- “Every single person in your congregation is a masterpiece with a masterpiece mission. There is a hidden caste system in the church. Pastor gets a calling and everyone else is a volunteer. We need a second reformation that puts mission and ministry back in everyone’s hand. May we unclinch our hands and unleash God’s people to their masterpiece vision.” -Rob Wegner
- “We win gathered when we commission scattered. Sunday and the work week must come together.” -Øystein Gjerme
Stay tuned for more recap articles from Exponential Orlando 2019. You can also see highlights from on the Exponential Instagram channels and archived story feeds. Plus, join the Exponential Facebook Community where fellow multiplication activists are sharing and discussing their top moments from Exponential Orlando.
If you missed any of Exponential or want to bring the conference to your team, you can get messages and creatives elements videos in our Exponential 2019 Digital Access Pass, which includes all five main Made for More sessions. Currently the DAP is on sale for only $49. Hurry! This conference special pricing expires Friday (3/15) at midnight.
And if you want to experience Made for More live (and bring your team), later this year we’ll be traveling to seven different cities to offer 8 regional events—including all five main sessions. Register this week to take advantage of discounted pricing. Use the links below to register.
April 2-3 Boise, Idaho
September 9-10 Washington DC
October 2-3 Southern California
October 21-22 Bay Area
October 23-24 Houston
November 5-6 Chicago
December 4-5 New York City
May 3-4 Exponential Español— Southern California We’re thrilled to announce that tor the first time, we have a full-service regional for Spanish-speaking church multiplication leaders
Our 2020 conference theme is TOGETHER – Pursuing the great collaboration. This conference will take place during March 2-5, 2020 in Orlando, FL and focuses on the last part of Jesus’ mission – which was Jesus’ final prayer – that we have forgotten. It’s the Great Collaboration – that we are to go in love Together! Register before Friday (3/15) at midnight for only $99/registrant and $49/spouse.