Urban Ministry Resource Kit
Urban Ministry Resource Kit
The Urban Ministry Resource Kit is designed to help you lead and reproduce churches in an urban context. Learn from practitioners in Urban Ministry as they share some of the unique challenges and solutions to doing ministry in urban environments.
- Mobilizing the church in an urban context
- Church planting strategies in cities
- Unique challenges to urban church planting
- Vision for spiritual awakening in urban contexts
- Video: Urban Church Planting Q&A with William Chaney and Ron Bell
- Podcast: Creating Holistic Strategies for Church Planting in the City by Bruce Moore
- Video: Brent Storms on Challenges to Planting in an Urban Context
- Additional 5 hours of audio and video training
Featured Leaders in this Resource Kit
John Onwuchenkwa – A native of Houston, TX, John was born into a Nigerian home where the gospel was cherished deeply and modeled excellently. After graduating from college, he studied at Dallas Theological Seminary. He’s served at churches in both Texas and Georgia and in 2015 moved into the Historic West End to help plant Cornerstone Church with his best friends. He and his wife, Shawndra, have been married since 2007. They welcomed their daughter, Ava, in 2017. They are eager to see the hope of the gospel restore a sense of family, dignity, and hope to their neighborhood through their local church of ordinary people.
Drew Hyun is a Church Planter and Pastor of Hope Church Midtown, as well as the Founding Pastor of Hope Church NYC, a family of diverse churches in NYC and the Co-Founder of the New City Network, a network of urban churches. He has spent the last 16 years living and pastoring in New York. He loves cities, ESPN, and naps, and finds it a restful Sabbath when all three come together. He resides in New York City with his lovely wife Christina and their two children, David and Avery. Drew is the author of no books.
Bruce Moore is the Pastor of Christ Fellowship Tampa and the author of Rewritten — Exchanging Your Story for God’s Story, a book that is changing the way people think about what it means to be created in the image of God. His passion is challenging Christians to a new level of sacrifice in sharing the gospel and discipling of first-generation believers.
He is a rising voice in the Missional movement as he gives vision and resources in the creation of businesses born out of Christ Fellowship. These businesses help build economic stability in the community, employ church members and carry the gospel into the marketplace. Each business expands the glory of God in the community as the Gospel enters arenas previously closed off to the church.
Bruce and his wife Heather have three children.
Kempton Turner was born dead in sin. He lived a sinful life as a child of God’s wrath, but through a gospel encounter on Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras, God made him spiritually alive in Christ!
Kempton was raised in East St. Louis, IL, arguably the poorest and most dangerous city in America. After being a Youth Pastor in Houston and Minneapolis, the Holy Spirit sent him back to East St. Louis to plant City of Joy Fellowship in his hometown.
Kempton is in crazy love with Caryn, his childhood sweetheart, and the Lord has blessed them with five young children: Christian, Carysse, Kalia, Caleb, and Kellan.
Dr. Ron Bell is the Lead Pastor of Camphor Memorial UMC. Ron is married to Dr. Eboni M. Bell and they have two phenomenal sons: Ronald Bell III and David G Bell. Ron’s first passion is music, as a saxophone and guitar player he weaves that love of jazz and reggae into as many worship and preaching interactions as possible. His wife Dr. Eboni Bell is an acclaimed artist, educator, and entrepreneur who is called to empower Youth and Women. Both Ron and Eboni specialize in engaging Millennials through transformative teaching, worship, and entrepreneurship. The Bell family is committed to serving God and loving and empowering His people!
Pastor Ron is also a builder. Prior leading Camphor UMC, Ron founded The Arise Church, which is a New Church Start in Wilmington DE. Pastor Ron also spent 4 years working as the Director of Congregational Development and SBC 21 for the Peninsula-Delaware Conference UMC. In that role, under his leadership, 4 new churches were started in the Conference and several ministries were revitalized. Today, Ron continues to consult with churches, universities and conferences around planting and growing effective ministries. His area of specialty is in engagement of Millennials and creating practical growth strategies for urban church planting. Ron has authored and co-authored several books and journal articles around that subject matter, he has also released an album called “The Unplugged Project.”
Ryan Hairston, his wife Laura, and their three girls live in Manhattan, New York. Over the last several years they have planted multiple missional communities in the neighborhoods they have lived, and together they long to see the community they now live in look more and more like the Kingdom of God. Ryan also serves as the National Director of Forge America.
Forge America partners with local churches, networks, and denominations to train women and men to live as missionaries where they’re already doing life. As people reorient their lives around God’s mission and the incarnation, Forge mobilizes them to make disciples and pioneer new contextual Kingdom expressions, church plants, micro-churches, faith communities, and/or missional communities in the places they live, work, and play.
1. Digital Access Pass content is for personal and team use and may not be reposted, modified or sold without permission of Exponential. The purchase entitles you to use the Digital Access Pass on one individuals computer or mobile device. That person may show and use the material to train team members but may not further distribute the content beyond the individual purchaser’s computer. Distribution limitations are similar to songs purchased on iTunes. The songs may be played for other people via the purchaser’s device, but may not be copied and further distributed to other individuals.
2. Purchasers may NOT share their passwords for others to download content. Content may only be downloaded by the purchaser to their computer.
3. Content will be available to download for one year after the date of purchase.
4. Purchases are non-refundable.