Sending Capacity, Not Seating Capacity: Why a Church Gains the Most When It Sends Its Best by J.D. Greear and Mike McDaniel
What if church multiplication was actually a common and normal thing? What if The Summit Church's story of multiplication is actually just one example of something God intended for every church? In this new FREE eBook from J.D. Greear and Mike McDaniel, the two Summit leaders share some of the lessons they've learned over the last 10 years of planting 23 churches domestically and 90 internationally, and sending out 555 people from the congregation to be part of new church plants.
Greear and McDaniel tell The Summit Church's sending story in thorough detail, giving readers an understanding of what had to change to develop a culture of multiplication, and in each chapter, the authors unpack a tension they've faced in building a culture of multiplication and how they've navigated the specific tensions. At the end of the day, the authors write, "we can tell you that we have gained far more than we have lost."
- Balancing needs here in the sending church with needs there in the plant.
- We cannot just measure the success of a church simply by its initial impact.
- Churches that grow deep (without caring about width) are not as deep as they think.
- Depth + width = multiplication.
- The greatest obstacle to planting more churches is not a lack of funds; it’s a lack of qualified planters.
- The greatest resource your church can contribute to the mission of God is your best leaders.
- Two primary principles that have helped The Summit Church church send its best.
- Jesus' model of sending exemplified through His example of gathering and teaching His disciples.
- The key to bringing in the harvest doesn't lie in one person.
- Lasting motivation for mission comes when you remember all that God has done to save you.
- God grows His Kingdom as we release what He has given us and die to our desires for it.
A special thanks to the sponsors of this eBook. Through their generosity, this eBook is available for FREE to you! Please consider showing your gratitude to these sponsors by visiting their web sites.
Exponential is a growing community of leaders committed to accelerating the multiplication of healthy, reproducing faith communities. We equip movement makers with actionable principles, ideas and solutions. We are passionate about accelerating multiplication through movement makers!
The Gospel Summit is a unique one-day conference for pastors and ministry leaders to have a personal inside look at The Summit Church. The Summit pastoral team will hold transparent conversations discussing the nuts and bolts of all areas of ministry. See what it looks like to be a gospel-sending church and how ministries are impacted by the sending culture of our church.